[UbuntuWomen] my browser: Galeon

Jan Claeys lists at janc.be
Fri Jun 15 00:05:55 UTC 2007

Op donderdag 14-06-2007 om 00:56 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef suzana
garcia:
> i am writing to share my recent experience with Galeon. I had been using
> first Firefox, then Epiphany. They are very good. I enjoy configuring
> the Toolbars, and mostly in Epiphany, its simplicity. I didn't quite get
> used with Bookmarks management in Epiphany, but now i found out Galeon.
>
> Very simple too, but hidding very nice complexities like the
> BookMarklets. Or even its speed. It never crashed until now.
> I know the "core" of the three of them is the Mozilla Gecko engine (my
> brother told me so), but i feel very confortable using Galeon.
> Right-clicking in the Toolbar buttons gives some complex and nice
> options. I'll keep using it. It is very simple and easy to check your
> installed plugins, by accessing the Help menu. If anyone has good or
> even bad experiences using it, care to share ?

I guess it has the same fatal flaw as epiphany: no support for
firefox/mozilla extensions.  That means there is no adblock (well,
epiphany has one, but it's broken), no web site debugging, no
fine-grained script & plugin blocking, no almost everything that keeps
browsing to be fun & safe...

Oh, and keyword searches don't work (properly) in epiphany either, how's
that in Galeon?

And personally, I think the idea behind the Epiphany bookmark system is
actually pretty good, but the UI for it is very bad (slow &
complicated).

--
Jan Claeys