[UbuntuWomen] IRC Meeting Times (was: Re: Today's IRC meeting reflected on the Fridge)

Vid Ayer svaksha at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 03:52:17 UTC 2007

On 6/3/07, Elizabeth Bevilacqua <lyz at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> First Saturday/Sunday would mean we'd have no meetings for 3 weeks and
> then two back to back - is this what you meant? Perhaps something like
> first and third saturday/sunday would work?

hmm... Perhaps we try that and see how it works

> Rotating timings was what I had suggested (sorry if it wasn't more
> clear). So we can shoot for:
[snip]

We do need  a meeting so I suggest it would be easier if we fix one
date and time. As per your first mail, let us stick to Sat june9 at
2100 hrs. Even if all of us cant make it, some will. Next time we
could rotate the timings randomly and hope the timezone thingy does
not work against us :)

> I noticed on the wiki there is a line for "second meeting of the day to
> accomodate people from different timezones" - but back when we started
> these meetings 4 months ago we tried the two meetings a day thing, and
> it didn't work out :( One of the meetings would end up being cancelled
> and our attendance dropped quite a bit (I suspect people didn't bother
> setting aside the time to come for fear it wasn't going to happen).

plus if they attend the first, they may not be interested in hearing
the same thing a few hours later. Some may be busy with life on
weekends...  Instead should we try and keep a meet-up during the week
? Rotate those timings too?
What do you all think? Hey , we will never find a perfect
one-time-suits-all but atleast we tried it once :)
--
Vid
http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/VidAyer