[UbuntuWomen] IRC Meeting Times (was: Re: Today's IRC meeting reflected on the Fridge)

Elizabeth Bevilacqua lyz at ubuntu.com
Sun Jun 3 12:39:29 UTC 2007

On Sun, Jun 03, 2007 at 01:16:48PM +0930, Vid Ayer wrote:
> Another thought... why dont we keep the first (saturday or sunday) and
> the last (saturday or sunday) of the month as fixed dates for the
> monthly meets and rotate the timings randomly, so people from all
> timezones can make it.

First Saturday/Sunday would mean we'd have no meetings for 3 weeks and
then two back to back - is this what you meant? Perhaps something like
first and third saturday/sunday would work?

Rotating timings was what I had suggested (sorry if it wasn't more
clear). So we can shoot for:

June 9th - 21:00 UTC
(not quite in keeping with the rules, but we need a meeting!)

June 17th - 11:00 UTC
(third Sunday)

July 1st - 15:00 UTC
(first Sunday)

July 21st - 21:00 UTC
(third Saturday)

August 5 - 11:00 UTC
(first Sunday)

August 19 - 15:00 UTC
(third Sunday)

etc.

I noticed on the wiki there is a line for "second meeting of the day to
accomodate people from different timezones" - but back when we started
these meetings 4 months ago we tried the two meetings a day thing, and
it didn't work out :( One of the meetings would end up being cancelled
and our attendance dropped quite a bit (I suspect people didn't bother
setting aside the time to come for fear it wasn't going to happen).

We can try the two meetings per day thing again, but we'd need more
volunteers to commit to leading them (Belinda (dinda) and I were
generally the meeting leaders - and we're both in the US) - then see if
attendance is high enough at both of them to continue it.

Lyz/pleia2

Elizabeth Bevilacqua // lyz at ubuntu.com
Ubuntu Women Project: www.ubuntu-women.org
Ubuntu PA US LoCo Team: www.meetlinux.com