[UbuntuWomen] Meeting Notes for Jan 11/12

Belinda A. Lopez dinda at mac.com
Sun Jan 14 02:43:03 UTC 2007

Great job on the notes!  My "minutes" always turn into "hours"  so I
appreciate folks with the skill to take good meeting notes.

Several things we want to keep discussing leading up to the next IRC
meeting including ways to add new folks into the process for
leadership and other tasks.  I've temporarily stepped to help get
things moving forward but just don't have time for any long-term
commitments.  Besides, I know there are lots of folks who have better
leadership skills than I can offer right now.

My two main take away actions that I hope to accomplish before the
next IRC meeting are:
1.) Contact and develop a path to work with the Artwork and Desktop
Teams
2.) Begin a dialog about how to best develop our Ubuntu-Women resources

For item #2 we had some discussion/questions as to why the
ubuntuwomen.org has a separate wiki than the ubuntu.com wiki.  It
seems somewhat redundant.  Can someone help fill us in, how this
developed?  and thoughts on whether we should try to merge the info
into the main ubuntu wiki?

Along the same line, how many folks have editing rights to the ubuntu-
women.org website?  Is there a process in place for adding
information or updating info?

Thanks to all who stopped by the channel.  It was great meeting so
many interesting folks.

regards,

Dinda
(Belinda Lopez, Galveston, Texas)