[UbuntuWomen] [ubuntu-marketing] UWN #51: "... and this evenincluded some wi

Jennifer Redman jenred at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 17:49:27 UTC 2007

I've been lurking for a while, check the ubuntu-women forum every so often.
The biggest problem I have with this exchange is the response from the men
on the marketing list.  Marketing by it's very nature requires that one
needs to be conciliatory and responsive to criticism from a representative
sample.

Whatever happened to:

"You know you're right, we didn't think through how "and wives" would be
interpreted.  Thanks for pointing this out, we'll publish a correction and
be sure to use more inclusive verbiage in the future."

Why does everything have to be an argument?

The above is what INFURIATES

Melissa and Elizabeth I recommend that you forward this exchange to Jane
Silber at Canonical.  Or if you don't feel like it's a good idea given your
involvement in the Ubuntu community I'm happy to do this as an
outsider/potential advocate and customer.

Jennifer

http://buunabet.com