[UbuntuWomen] IRC meeting with Jono and IRC bot

Melissa Draper melissa at meldraweb.com
Fri Apr 27 09:49:21 UTC 2007

Vid Ayer wrote:
> On 4/27/07, Melissa Draper <melissa at meldraweb.com> wrote:
>
>> Maybe a compromise in terms of the logging. Surely there's a plugin for
>> blootbot or whatever that one can enable logging, and disable it? that
>> way important things can be logged, but private-ish discussion kept
>> private-ish?
>>

> Ahem, the u-w channel is not private (or by invitation). Since all are
> free to join,  anyone logged into the u-w channel 24/7 can keep
> private archives. Then how does the conversation remain private ?
>
> To me the advantages outweigh the disadvantages but I want to hear
> more viewpoints on this.

What I mean by 'private-ish', and note the '-ish' is something that
people do not want to be out in the open in highly public logs. The
theory would be if someone wanted to share with the group something
about someone, naming names etc if they feel the need, that the logging
could be disabled for the duration of that discussion.

It was just a thought.

--
Sincerely
Melissa Draper