[UbuntuWomen] teaching Ubuntu-Linux {was : Yay!}

July Jiménez jejimenez at gmail.com
Mon May 15 19:22:29 UTC 2006

Hi!!!

I had an experience with the installation of Edubuntu in the PCs of schools
of rural areas in Colombia.

Edubuntu has great advantages for the educative sector and we selected it
because It's a "distro" readily accessible and easy use.

Additionally, we made two days of qualification for teachers who single
worked in MS Windows, we offered the majorities of the operating system, a
sample of applications (they liked  gcompris a lot :) and the handling of
some administrative tasks of graphical way.

The professors did not show any resistance, they enjoyed much and they were
surprised of the great number of applications available.

I tell you about this experience because I believe that it is important not
only to have hardware and software infrastructure, It is necessary also to
have the indispensable tools to use the technology suitably, and this is
possible if we made processes of qualification and support.

Greetings a hugs,

July Jiménez
Grupo GNU/Linux Univesidad del Cauca
Colombia