[UbuntuWomen] Translations update

Clytie Siddall clytie at riverland.net.au
Wed Mar 29 05:25:36 UTC 2006

Hello everyone :)

On Launchpad, we can assign our translations to a Translation Team.
We can make our translations Open (anyone edits), Structured (edits
reviewed) or Closed (only team edits).

The usual method seems to be making them Open, where anybody can
contribute. This doesn't suit us: we want to manage these
translations, and we don't want others editing them. I have
provisionally set our translations as Closed (only our Translation
Team can edit them).

How we create our own Team is still unknown to me, at least. I've
rejoined the rosetta-users mailing list (I used to be a member, but
had too many lists, still do :( ), and will ask how I can set this up.

Once I know how to set it up, I will create the Ubuntu-Women
Translation Team, and assign each of our translators to that team.
That will mean that each of you, who has volunteered or will
volunteer to translate, will be able to use your Launchpad login to
translate U-W material, once we import it onto Launchpad.

I hope to have this set up by the time we have decided on what
material we need to translate. This means pretty much finalizing the
website first, so the need is not immediate. This is good, since
there is evidently some work to be done.

Meanwhile, with current and prospective translators invited to join
the i18n-mentors group, we can discuss translation issues, work on
the wiki, and be ready to burst upon the scene in all our splendour
when the website is ready for translation. :)

Our main wiki page has already been translated into Vietnamese (by
me), Portuguese (by Susana) and Catalan (by Maria)! We're doing so
well already!

So, please pack your language(s) (always bring clean verbs, in case
you have an accident) and come along. Your help is welcome. :)

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)