[UbuntuWomen] Introducing myself...

Clytie Siddall clytie at riverland.net.au
Fri Mar 17 07:31:45 UTC 2006

On 17/03/2006, at 6:28 AM, Maria Soler wrote:

> I'm Maria, from Catalonia (Spain).

Benvinguda Maria! :)  (Welcome!)

> I'm studying Engineering in
> Industrial Electronics, but I started Mathematics (I didn't finish
> it...)

I studied Maths too. My father always said, "When nothing else in
your life makes sense, Maths always will."

Which I think shows that he didn't study Maths very far. ;)

But it is always beautiful.

(I can say this here, and not get treated like a freak? I have found
I can not say this in most gatherings of women. :(  But I think,
maybe here, yes.)

I think Maths is one of the most beautiful things in the world. It's
so closely related, in my mind, to language and music. Intriguing
patterns in the mind.

I remember a refugee, who had a Master's in Mathematics in his home
country, and I didn't know his language, so we communicated entirely
in Maths. It worked very well. :)

> I'm in my first year in linux, with a debian sarge. I am working
> developing an application for local administration with free software.

That's great! :)

> So.. I'm a bit newbie... but I am learning very fast!
>
> I hope we can interchange many interesting things :D

We've got a wonderful group here, Maria : I'm sure we can share lots
of interesting experiences and ideas!

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)