Courses for chix (was: Re: [UbuntuWomen] Introduction

Clytie Siddall clytie at riverland.net.au
Sun Mar 12 04:07:56 UTC 2006

On 11/03/2006, at 11:56 PM, Ndapewa Hangula wrote:

> I'm Ndapewa Hangula (but most call me Pewa)

Welcome Pewa! :)

(Is that what you would like us to call you? It is up to you. :) )

> from Windhoek, Namibia. I work for Telecom Namibia's IT Helpdesk.

This is a job requiring superhuman patience, and the ability to
visualize just about any computer setup.

> I have not worked with Ubuntu that much, but my introduction to OSS
> was with first with SuSe and then Debian and Knoppix.

Which system do you use at work?

> I am currently concentrating on Web publishing but have taken an
> interest in Wiress Networking.
> I'm very keen on learning (or rather refreshing myself with) Java
> and Python.

I think Debian-Women ran a tutorial on Python not long ago. I think
it was via IRC, though, not email. We could look at running some
course of our own, via Linuxchix-Courses [1], maybe.

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)