[UbuntuWomen] Newbie

Robin1229 robin1229 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 21:26:09 UTC 2006

Hi Lisa and everyone else, too,

I've been hanging out in the background on the Ubuntu-Women list; but
when I saw your note, I thought I should introduce myself.  My name is
Robin Woltman and I'm also from Missouri.  I live in St. Louis and
have been using Linux for a couple of years now.  I started with Suse
and then moved to Libranet before taking up Kubuntu, first Breezy and
now Dapper.  I got interested in Linux when I took a web development
course at a local community college.  My instructor was a huge fan of
Linux and open source and he got me hooked.

Anyway, Lisa, I wanted to let you know that our local users group -
Central West End Linux Users Group - is small, but extremely helpful
and supportive, so you might want to sign up for its listserv.  Here's
a link to the website if you would like to check it out:
http://cwelug.org/ .

Also, one of the members of the CWELUG recently had a book - "Linux
Phrasebook" - published that turned out really, really well and is a
great reference to keep by the computer.  I think new users would find
the book to be very helpful, but more seasoned users may also find it
to be of value.  Here's a link to the book on Amazon in case anyone is
interested in taking a look at it.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0672328380/sr=8-1/qid=1152738387/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-6943728-1068705?ie=UTF8

All the best.  Robin