[utah-devel] UTAH Weekly Meeting

Gema Gomez gema.gomez-solano at canonical.com
Wed Aug 15 16:55:16 UTC 2012

Hi all,

this is the summary of our meeting this week. If someone wants to attend
the meeting any week, just drop me a quick email and I will send you and
hangout invite, we still have spots available in the hangout (limit is
10, I think).

*Attendees*
jcollado
nuclearbob
psivaa
gema

*Discussion*
- This week jcollado has been working on making utah more reliable, i.e.
when things fail badly, stopping all the execution and reporting the
real problem, rather than continuing and logging more problems down the
line when things went wrong.

- nuclearbob added a global timeout to the config file, so that we can
ensure no jobs hang for days in jenkins without timing out (in the case
that test cases authors decide not to use timeouts for their test cases,
for example)

- We've decided to give a try to in-source documentation and exporting
it to readthedocs.org, there is currently a sample page there, we are
working on making it up to date, then we will switch from the current
wiki[1] to that[2].

- Jenkins seems to be unable to flag problems based on how we are
running the test cases at the moment. We will be doing some tests using
nosetest to output xunit and see if jenkins is happier. We don't want to
make utah aware of jenkins, so we are trying to adapt our runlists to
the fact that we are planning to run with jenkins, we will keep everyone
updated on the progress.

- With Ubiquity we don't have a directive to install packages the same
way we have it with d-i, we are exploring the options at hand and trying
to decide which way to better implement the installation of packages.

*Summary of bugs we have been working on*

- Bug #1030972: Cannot install utah and utah-client together
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1030972

- Bug #1034348: command field should be required in the test case
control file:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1034348

- Bug #1035198: Uncaught exceptions ignored
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1035198

- Bug #1035209: Client .deb file not found when running the server from
the branch:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1035209

- Bug #1035227: ssh commands error return codes ignored
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1035227

- Bug #1035231: utah-client dependency errors ignored:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1035231

- Bug #1035232: sftp problems ignored:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1035232

- Bug #1037056: utah-client postinstall script failure ignored
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1037056

- Bug #1037058: utah-client postinstall script failure
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1037058

As always, please feel free to contribute/correct anything in this email!

Thanks,
Gema

[1]
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/AutomatedTesting/UbuntuTestAutomationHarness