ubuntu 20.04 change files on iso and rebuild

Jerry Geis jerry.geis at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 22:33:16 UTC 2023

Hi - how do I take a .deb package on the iso install disk,
extract it, remove much if not all of the package - ( because I dont need
it) -
and then recalc the md5 stuff and update the md5sum.txt file correctly.

mount and copy the ENTIRE iso so I can change it - Got it
cd pool/main/l/linux-firmware
mkdir tmp
dpkg-deb -R linux-firmware(name).deb
cd tmp
rm -rf tmp/usr
rm -rf tmp/lib/firmware
echo > tmp/DEBIAN/postinst
dpkg-deb --build tmp linux-firmware(name).deb

So I got all that - but then how do I update the tmp/DEBIAN/md5sums
file and the md5sum.txt at the top of the ISO.

I have got the 1.4G iso down to 1001390080. I just need a little more to
get down to 1G.  Since I am not doing wireless installs - I can effectively
zero the install file so it wont take so much space is my thought.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Jerry

Jerry