Was: Can a package be returned to a previous version

gene heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Thu Oct 5 14:19:17 UTC 2023

On 10/5/23 05:57, Liam Proven wrote:[...]

>> Take care & stay well Liam. I hope your recovery is about complete.
>
> Alas no. I still can't use my right arm for more than 1kg and I will
> never regain more than a few degrees of rotation. I am crippled
> forever now, and rather down about it.

That's sad indeed Liam. I'm not in my 20's, so obviously I'm not who I
was then.  OTOH, at 89 I'm in great shape for someone who has worked
outside that famous box all his life. I'm not sitting around in a
rocking chair waiting to quit. I just designed, in OpenSCAD, a muffler
for an old bucket-vac that sucks up the debris from one of my cnc
milling machines. Still has a blast of air coming out at well over 100
mph, but the white noise is down at least 20 db. Motors whine is still
there but its a lot less headache inducing than 115 db of white noise.

Now I need to make a box to hide a healthy amp rated SSR that shorts the
on-off switch, with the SSR being controlled by the B-step pin of a std
breakout-board used by parport driven cnc machinery.  Probably a printed
box I'll shoe-goo to the vacuum someplace. Haven't designed it yet. 10
feet of 28ga wire to control the SSR with a logic signal is by far
cheaper than 20 feet for wire heavy enough to run the vaccuum. ;o)>

Writing gcode might be something you could do to pay the bills?

Best wishes, Liam, take care and stay well.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
  - Louis D. Brandeis