Can a package be returned to a previous version

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Wed Oct 4 14:15:38 UTC 2023

On 4/10/23 21:36, Liam Proven wrote:

> On 04/10/2023 1:33 pm, Little Girl wrote:
> wn.
>>
>> That was uncalled-for, Liam. Bret should be able to see senders' and
>> recipients' email addresses and if those aren't visible, there's an
>> issue that needs attention.
>>

> No, it really isn't. For an example, I just searched my Ubuntu-users
> folder for the word "sabotage", a word that Bret has used a lot in the
> past, and found a dozen threads started him where he accuses the Ubuntu
> maintainers of deliberately putting spyware into the OS and otherwise
> breaking it.
>

> Mon, 16 Oct 2017, 23:52: Software updater snuck in a package that is
> unwanted
>

> Wed, 21 Nov 2018, 10:34: The apparent rabid malware named wnck-applet
>

> Fri, 18 Jun 2021, 17:38: System update corrupted system
>
> Etc. etc.
>
> I have been on this list for 13 years now, and most of the claims of
> intentional OS breakage have been from Bret.
>
> Now, right now, I am replying to the list from Thunderbird, beta version
> 118, so newer than 115.
>

> It says your mail is from, verbatim:
>
> Little Girl <littlergirl at gmail.com>
>
> Both name and email address showing in full. Nothing hidden.
>
> My reply is shown as going to:
>
> ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
>
> I don't have a short name for it in my address book, but that's the full
> correct email address.
>
> It's not doing what Bret says it's doing.
>
> Now, to be fair, I am typing on an iMac running macOS 12 "Monterey" but
> it's the same email client.  I also have it on Windows and Ubuntu. It
> has not hidden anything from me that I have seen, anywhere.

So, Liam, since you are calling me a liar, prithee explain how a person
would know, from viewing the message list as shown in the attached
screenshot, that the message with the only displayable (in that window)
information about the sender, being the name Liam Proven, is not sent
from the email address gotcha at blackhatattackers.bet ?

..
Bret Busby
Armadale