Ubuntu Unity 22.10 missing Launcher & Menus

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 13:13:21 UTC 2023

Hey there,

Grizzly via ubuntu-users wrote:
>Little Girl wrote:

>>https://askubuntu.com/questions/61947/unity-shows-no-icons-or-launcher-i-get-only-the-wallpaper

>Thanks for that, it was one I had not found during my (not google)
>search, but it did not help, lets hope a wise mind here can help

This is a really wild guess based on a nasty bug I've encountered
that drastically affects navigation and hasn't been fixed yet. It has
only similar, but not identical, symptoms:

You wouldn't happen to have the wslu package installed, would you?
When I try to use GIMP's help menu, GIMP installs wslu for me
(despite not mentioning it as a dependency) which immediately
cripples my machine (no navigation whatsoever) until it's removed.

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.