Firefox

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Fri Nov 18 16:23:17 UTC 2022

hi,
Am Freitag, dem 18.11.2022 um 10:32 -0500 schrieb Little Girl:
> > spreading your hate and dislike of them on a user support list
> > instead of actually helping to solve the problem is not
> > constructive
> > in any way, please do that somewhere else !
>
> It's a shame that this sort of message was posted. I'd rather see
> fewer or no posts filled with passionate defense that don't actively
> work toward helping either the development teams or the users.

well, what i woke up to was:

user: hello, i can not print with firefox (no version or release
specified or any further information given)

ralf: that must be a snap issue !! here is how you uninstall the snap
in favour of an unsupported PPA package. along with that i'll give you
a link to another post where other people rant about how bad snaps are
... and one askubuntu post where they tell you how to re-set your
browser profile when you have printing issues ...

sorry that i'm thin skinned at times when people just jump to
conclusions without any evidence and tell users to move down
unsupported paths with third party PPAs instead of even remotely
requesting basic info about the actual issue (printing) ...

it is getting tiring seeing people jumping to conclusions "must be
because of snap, snap is THE EVIL !!! (footstomp)" without even having
analysed the problem...

... especially on an ubuntu mailing list, where i expect helpful
support and not rants against core parts of the os we all use (which i
*do* expect on a phronix forum discussion or reddit)

ciao
	oli