Wine (Was Budget-priced Windows license)

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Tue May 24 10:17:18 UTC 2022

On Tue, 24 May 2022 at 12:09, Grizzly via ubuntu-users
<ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com> wrote:

> I find Wine is far better than it once was, and I (try) to keep up with the
> latest Dev or Staging release, but since I upgraded to 22.04 updating Wine has
> not been working, first the Repo would not add, when I got that sorted (or
> think I did) it was the Key that was a problem, odd because AFAIK they have not
> changed it for a long while?
>
> Any pointers to running the update of Wine (think I'm a couple behind on 7.7
> when 7.9 is out)

Oh boy.

Actually, no, I don't. I confine myself to the stable release channel,
so I am still on 7.0. I will try 8.0 when it's out. 7 is working well
for me, and runs the last usable version of MS Word (2003) flawlessly.
Right now that is all I _need_ so I've stayed on #stable. Previously I
needed Crossover Office for Word 2003, so I am happy.

I may downgrade to Word 97, which does all I need and more. I remember
it being considered bloated when it came out, but it is about 14MB in
total, so not any more it isn't... but I have a portrait screen, and I
remember that 97 could not handle that.

--
Liam Proven ~ Profile: https://about.me/liamproven
Email: lproven at cix.co.uk ~ gMail/gTalk/FB: lproven at gmail.com
Twitter/LinkedIn: lproven ~ Skype: liamproven
UK: (+44) 7939-087884 ~ Czech [+ WhatsApp/Telegram/Signal]: (+420) 702-829-053