Thinkpad L 15 gen 2 advice

Tom Mitchell niftyubuntu at niftyegg.com
Mon May 23 05:30:38 UTC 2022

On Sat, May 21, 2022 at 5:43 PM Karl Auer <kauer at biplane.com.au> wrote:

> On Sun, 2022-05-22 at 10:04 +1000, Phil wrote:
> > My main concern is for the waste of a perfectly good laptop, it only
> > overheats under heavy loads such as watching YouTube videos. I'm
> > assuming that a newer laptop will not overheat but I don't know.
> >

> Does it actually overheat? It is normal for the fan to come on when a
> CPU is working harder. A correctly functioning laptop in a normal
> office or household situation, literally cannot overheat - the cooling
> system is designed to deal with it running at maximum capacity (though
> not 100% of the time).

Old laptops... and any laptop.

I have found that inexpensive cutting boards make a nice FLAT surface that
matches
the airflow designs.  I have also purchases adhesive feet to increase the
space under the laptop.
The feet that work are kitchen cabinet door bumpers.   One decade old
laptop has a fence to
keep heat from recirculating too much.  There are laptop gadgets with vents
and even USB powered fans.
I have one that allows USB backup disk storage and use.  Extra fans seem
wrong.

--
Tinny keyboard.. Mobile ... I am