Thinkpad L 15 gen 2 advice

Phil phillor9 at gmail.com
Sun May 22 04:59:04 UTC 2022

On 22/5/22 12:08, Robert Heller wrote:
> Right. I discovered that my (old) Lenovo laptop would overheat when I
> had it

I've never really understood why they're called laptops.

I just did a quick test. At room temperature the CPU temperature was 78
degrees (that's Celsius) and the fan speed was 3880 RPM. After watching
an 8 minute YouTube video the CPU temperature rose to 92 degrees and the
fan was running at 4494 RPM.

One thing that I haven't done is replace the thermal past on the CPU,
however, since the heat at the vent is almost hot enough to boil water I
don't think new paste would help.

During the time that it's taken me to write this the CPU temperature is
65 degrees and the fan speed is 3868 RPM.

--

Regards,
Phil