Questions about Linux Mint and this list

Peter Flynn peter at silmaril.ie
Sun Jul 24 20:10:26 UTC 2022

On 24/07/2022 15:14, Little Girl wrote:
[...]
> It was in the incorrect URL I had previously given you. After
> actually reading the ReportingBugs page (out of morbid curiosity), it
> turns out that this is the correct URL for manually filing bug
> reports:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+filebug/?no-redirect

Thank you very much. Bookmarked now :-)

> If you've got the power to make the edit, you could add it.
> Otherwise, that would be a great suggestion to give to the bug team.
>
> There's a section in that ReportingBugs page on how to work with
> apport offline:

But it's not a bug in apport, though: it's a failure of the email
response script that emails the submitter explaining the next step.
Someone need to rewrite the text to make it clearer for beginners.

> Good. Then the final step is to look on the bug report page to make
> sure you're signed up to receive emails when it's updated or when
> others contribute to the report.

Once it's in the system I don't need to see it or do anything: I'm happy
that they will decide either to fix it or mark it CANTFIX or WONTFIX.

Peter