Questions about Linux Mint and this list

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 02:00:21 UTC 2022

Hey there,

Peter Flynn wrote:
>Little Girl wrote:

>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/

>I have an account, but I have read and re-read that page and there
>is no link saying "File a bug". Maybe I can't see it.

You're right. That's really odd. Here's a page that will work:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/language-selector/+filebug

Note that you have to log in to see it.

>> Then, when you get to any question that you don't know the answer
>> to, you can go to the #ubuntu-bugs channel on Libera chat in IRC

>I tried that once. No-one ever replies to anything.

I'm sorry. Maybe it's a time-zone thing, because I've had good luck
in getting a response pretty quickly the few times that I've gone
into that channel.

>Which is a pity, because I used to be a heavy IRC user.

No worries. I just tested the bug tracker at the above link and it
only gives you a small spot for a short summary of the issue, asks you
which package it's being filed against (with "I don't know" being one
of the choices so that outside help isn't necessary), and gives you a
large spot where you can describe the bug in more detail. That's
actually very nice and very simple compared with many other
issue-reporting pages.

You can also get help with your bug report in here, but it's likely to
take longer than it would if you had managed to "get a live one" in
IRC.

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.