Questions about Linux Mint and this list

Peter Flynn peter at silmaril.ie
Mon Jul 18 19:58:10 UTC 2022

On 18/07/2022 17:39, Aaron Rainbolt wrote:
[very good description]

> [...] They can do pretty much whatever they want, however they want.
> If they decide to make a change that departs from how Ubuntu works,
> that's their decision, and we have no right or authority to tell them
> otherwise.
I believe that Ubuntu does, however, have a /duty and responsibility/
(rarely-heard words these days) to look at such changes and evaluate if
they are worth considering adopting into Ubuntu. I assume this occurs.

> If you need help with Linux Mint, I recommend you check out their
> forums and the #linuxmint-help IRC channel.

Unfortunately these are evanescent media. They work if you use them
daily, otherwise what you are interested in tends to get lost, and
searching is usually unproductive. They would do well to take a leaf out
of Ubuntu's book and provide an archived mailing list. But I am
preaching to the choir here :-)

Peter