S L O W S Y S T E M

Jay Ridgley jridgley2 at austin.rr.com
Sat Jan 1 17:54:22 UTC 2022

Happy New Year,

lsb_release -a shows I am running:

No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:	Ubuntu
Release:	20.04
Codename:	focal

The software is up to date.

Recently, I changed my cable modem and the router associated with my
network. The provider for my internet connection tested the connection
with the results showing 477Mbps down and 23Mbps up.

The new router is a Netgear RAX10 AX1800.

Since then my main system has become has become very lethargic (taking a
very long time for everything) top shows that MOST of the time the user
(us in the top display)is exceeding 50%, even on an idle system. I also
noted that there are several instances of a task named Isolate+ that hog
the cpu. What is that task's purpose?

I tried a man page and found nothing that indicates it should be running
at all. I am not running any untested s/w (that I know of).

Did a clamav scan and found nothing wrong.

What is going on?

Let me know if I need to look elsewhere or provide additional information.

Thanks,
Jay

--
Jay Ridgley