Thunderbird 102.1.0-2 compatible with Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS?

Charles Irons irons.charles at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 16:45:27 UTC 2022

Hello Ubuntu user technical support

My upgrade from 20.04 to 22.04.1 Jammy Jellyfish was a very easy process
on 15 August.

Please advise me about Thunderbird new version 102.1.0-2 or tell me who
to ask.

I found it in Ubuntu Software and clicked install.

Now Settings for Applications shows two Thunderbird entries. The version
where I am compiling this email 91.11.0 (64-bit) and the second for
102.1.0-2 showing the new features.

1.    Is it safe for me to switch to the 102.1.0-2 version?

2.    What must I do to activate the 102.1.0-2 version ?

3.    If the 102.1.0-2 version works correctly, What must I do to remove
the old 91.11.0 version?

The requirements for the 102.1.0-2 version from website
https://www.thunderbird.net/ are below:

    GNU/LINUX

      Software Requirements

/Please note that GNU/Linux distributors may provide packages for your
distribution which have different requirements./

  *

    Thunderbird will not run at all without the following libraries or
    packages:

      o glibc 2.17 or higher
      o GTK+ 3.14 or higher
      o libstdc++ 4.8.1 or higher
      o X.Org 1.0 or higher (1.7 or higher is recommended)
  *

    For optimal functionality, we recommend the following libraries or
    packages:

      o DBus 1.0 or higher
      o GNOME 2.16 or higher
      o libxtst 1.2.3 or higher
      o NetworkManager 0.7 or higher
      o PulseAudio
    Thanks for reading this long query. The new version offers a lot
    more features.

Kind regards. Chas IRONS