rsbackup tutorial availability

Ralf Mardorf kde.lists at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 23 18:37:43 UTC 2021

On Thu, 23 Sep 2021 19:46:54 +0200, Bo Berglund wrote:
>I have seen that the man describes the rsbackup as a system running on
>a scedule and this really means that the drive should be mounted
>inside of the computer rather than being on the floor beside it...

Hi,

often we can't realize very good backup strategies, at least I can't.
However, I wouldn't call it "backup", when using an internal drive,
even if it's just mounted on demand. Something banal like overvoltage
already easily could damage source and backup, both together at any
time. I'm using several external drives, for a not very good backup
strategy, but it at least isn't that reckless as using internal drives.

Regards,
Ralf