Query about 21.10 release notification

Ian Bruntlett ian.bruntlett at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 12:43:24 UTC 2021

Hi Bret,

On Tue, 19 Oct 2021 at 13:32, Bret Busby <bret.busby at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyway, it is now clear that, due to the forced updating that is now
> an integral part of the operating system, it is safer to simply use a
> version of the operating system, that is past its use by date and
> therefore, not subject to forced updates.

That is your prerogative but I would disagree.

Thinking back a number of years, the Software Updater app (command name:
update_manager) usually advertises normal updates but, when a distro
upgrade is available, they advertise the distro upgrade in the same window.
Could this confusion be the source of unexpected distro upgrades?

HTH,

Ian

-- Free Software page -
https://sites.google.com/site/ianbruntlett/home/free-software