Where is ipsec-tools?

MegaBrutal megabrutal at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 19:00:00 UTC 2021

Hi All,

I've been using ipsec-tools to set up a basic end-to-end IPSec tunnel
between two hosts. The package contained the setkey utility and it was
configurable via /etc/ipsec-tools.conf. I followed this document and
basically it's all I need for my use case:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/IPSecHowTo

However I noticed that ipsec-tools is no longer present in the Ubuntu
repository since 20.04 Focal Fossa. I thought maybe I'm forced to use
racoon, but racoon is also absent. What is the replacement for this
functionality? How am I supposed to set up IPSec on today's Ubuntu?

Thanks,
MegaBrutal