apt-get update timing out

Noah noah-list at enabled.com
Sat Nov 20 15:26:46 UTC 2021

Hi there,

Thank you for all the knowledge shared and super helpful responses.

Okay I have an RG SR515 router at the edge.  Guess what?  Here is what I
figured out.

2 of 5 Ubuntu bare metal servers could not reach port 80 of the ubuntu
archive hosts and after more looking into it the hosts could not reach
port 80 to any offnet server.  Used the nc (netcat), curl, and nmap to
verify this.  But they could reach port 80 of hosts on the local subnet.

I could no longer reach the admin panel of my RG router.

Here is what I did:

1) factory reset the RG
2) re-installed my saved config from a month ago.
3) port 80 on upstream hosts are reachable again.

So my edge router lost it's mind.
Kray kray.

Thanks again