Ventoy

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 09:59:47 UTC 2021

On Sat, 20 Nov 2021 00:25:45 +0100, Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:

>Mint has nice sane calm colour schemes.
>
>It caused me more work than Ubuntu. I've re-added Snap support, added
>a PPA to get LibreOffice 7, got most of my normal apps installed,
>added a far more current kernel than Mint's ancient one, and it's
>working OK so far.

I have also installed Ubuntu Mate 20 on my two HP Elitebook workstation laptops
since I cannot stand the stock Ubuntu GUI...

These are normally running 24/7 as more server like devices, but I have
installed TigerVNC so I can get to the desktops that way.

Questions:

1) Why is snap needed?
I really do not understand that part of recent Ubuntus. What is it for?

2) How come the kernel is old on Ubuntu Mint?

And how did you do the above?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden