Ventoy

MR mrzenwiz at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 18:04:38 UTC 2021

On Thu, Nov 18, 2021 at 8:58 AM Ralf Mardorf via ubuntu-users <
ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Nov 2021 12:56:26 +0100, Liam Proven wrote:
> >On Thu, 18 Nov 2021 at 12:49, Ian Bruntlett wrote:
> >> Has anyone here used Ventoy? (https://www.ventoy.net/en/index.html)
>
> Hi,
>
> yes, I have experiences with Ventoy. I like it very much. If you want to
> use persistent Linux ISO only, format the ISO partition as ext4.

I used ventoy to create a Win10 install USB, but there were a couple of
issues I'm not entirely clear on.

1) When I was creating the USB, it said to copy the WIn 10 ISO file system
to the flash drive.  I (mis?)iinterpreted that to mean to copy the actual
files, not the ISO image - which is it?

2) Since the Win files are on the drive, I'm not sure how to add other
installs.  If the answer to #1 is copy the whole ISO image, that explains
it.  If not, ???

I'm brand new at this stuff - I did it once before, but I did not record
the method I used and the flash drive was lost (long irrelevant story).

I tried to use mkusb to create a bootable live (persistent) Xubuntu USD
drive and that drive doesn't boot at all - probably another goof of mine,
but I'll take ventoy as soon as I understand what I did wrong.

Thanks.

Mark