Trying to remove FireFox

Grizzly Real_Grizz_Adams at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 17 11:54:39 UTC 2021

17 November 2021  at 10:00, Chris Green wrote:
Re: Trying to remove FireFox (at least in part)

>> 16 November 2021  at 12:07, Liam Proven wrote:

>> >But my main browser since 2017 has been Waterfox Classic

>> That or Brave was my intent (on laptops I also add Tor, just incase)

>I've recently moved from Firefox to Vivaldi and, so far, I'm very
>happy with the change.  It took a while to find *all* the 'default
>browser' settings that pointed at Firefox but I think I have finally
>managed it!

I had Vivaldi for a but dropped it again, it worked fine but i was trying to go
Foss as far as possible

>I got fed up with Firefox getting so totally paranoid about security
>among other things, I run a web server on my home LAN for local use
>only, having Firefox tell me it should be HTTPS is just annoying!  ...
>and there's nothing particularly sensitive or secret on the LAN pages
>anyway!

I generally got fed up with FF, it shares an engine with another browser I have
used for as long as I can remember but FF seems to just make things hard

Hoping Brave or WaterFox will be better