Trying to remove FireFox

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Tue Nov 16 13:08:17 UTC 2021

At Tue, 16 Nov 2021 08:09:47 -0000 "Ubuntu user technical support,? not for general discussions" <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Maybe a senior thing but
>
> I always (since it was possible) do the minimal install and choose what I do
> want later
>
> I'm going mad "trying" to remove FireFox, normally (at least upto 18.04) I just
>
> Sudo apt remove --purge firefox -y
>
> and all is well
>
> on two boxies (21.10 Unity & 21.10 Gnome) that told me firefox was not
> installed, even though the icon was sitting there, so I then went

The presense of the *icon* actually means nothing.  What happens when you
click on the icon?  Does firefox start up?  Does chrome or chromium start up?
Does something else start (some other browser)?  Does a "file (program) not
found" error pop up?

--
Robert Heller             -- Cell: 413-658-7953 GV: 978-633-5364