Trying to remove FireFox

Grizzly Real_Grizz_Adams at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 16 08:09:47 UTC 2021

Hi All

Maybe a senior thing but

I always (since it was possible) do the minimal install and choose what I do
want later

I'm going mad "trying" to remove FireFox, normally (at least upto 18.04) I just

Sudo apt remove --purge firefox -y

and all is well

on two boxies (21.10 Unity & 21.10 Gnome) that told me firefox was not
installed, even though the icon was sitting there, so I then went

sudo snap remove firefox

only to get (wording like)

Firefox is in a refresh cycle

so I left it a few hours and tried again, and again another few hours same
result, so I tried holding refresh 2 days but that failed so I went nuke with

sudo snap set system refresh.hold=2022-01-01T12:30:00+00:00

(so over lunch New Years Day)

and tried again with same results

How do I do this, can snap apps (that came with dist) be removed ??

I've done search after search and AFAICT I've followed the instructions (albeit
to extream)