Share Home between 2 releases

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 12:27:10 UTC 2021

On Thu, 11 Nov 2021 at 23:45, Grizzly via ubuntu-users
<ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com> wrote:

> >$ df

Shows free space on all mounted partitions. It stands for "Disk Free" I think.

> >$ mount | grep /home

Searches all mounted filesystems for the string "/home". If it doesn't
find anything that means "home" is not mounted anywhere, which means
/home is not a mounted filesystem. But you knew that; you told us that
at the beginning.

> Because both if those (for me here) didn't show home at all, I assumed I had
> done something wrong

Huh?
... why?

> so gparted would show me the structure of (all) the drives

It will. But if /home isn't a partition you won't see it in a list of
partitions. And you know /home isn't a partition already.  I do not
understand the thought process here.

> but that to did not, so I must assume my initial statement was correct?

Er. I am lost TBH.

--
Liam Proven ~ Profile: https://about.me/liamproven
Email: lproven at cix.co.uk ~ gMail/gTalk/FB: lproven at gmail.com
Twitter/LinkedIn: lproven ~ Skype: liamproven
UK: (+44) 7939-087884 ~ Czech [+ WhatsApp/Telegram/Signal]: (+420) 702-829-053