VirtualBox Windows 10 64 bit question

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 18:23:00 UTC 2021

On Wed, 10 Nov 2021 at 18:18, Ralf Mardorf via ubuntu-users
<ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com> wrote:

> So called "cracked" versions are less frequently malicious than is
> claimed by rumours. Supposedly "cracked" Windows 10 install media are
> probably most of the times copies of original Windows 10 media, neither
> cracked (activated) nor malicious.

This I can certainly believe. People find it incredible that MS
provides full ISOs, free of charge, for download without an account,
key, or anything.

(For clarity: it does seem that to get previous editions (certainly 7,
I am not sure about 8 -- but *not* 8.1, because 8.1 was a free update
to 8.0). I have seen many threads on Quora asking for Win10 ISOs, but
you can get them direct from the source.)

> AIO pirate Windows media, providing
> several "cracked" and "repaired" and full automatically installable
> different Windows versions, does seemingly nobody produce for modern
> Windows releases anymore.

Maybe it's harder or there is no need?

> Nowadays "everybody" seems to use leaked
> keys. That Microsoft revokes those leaked keys is obviously just spread
> FUD.

I confess, I have tried, long ago, to use leaked keys to activate
Windows. There 100% definitely were inactivated keys in the Win XP
era.

> However, if somebody owns a legally bought Windows install media, than
> Windows support is a place to ask.

I have almost never got any useful answers out of MS support in over
30 years of using Windows. :-)

> Exact descriptions on how to
> activate Windows without the right to do so, is not allowed.

I bet they aren't and I don't blame them!

> It's not forbidden to do some Google searches ;).

Well, no...

--
Liam Proven ~ Profile: https://about.me/liamproven
Email: lproven at cix.co.uk ~ gMail/gTalk/FB: lproven at gmail.com
Twitter/LinkedIn: lproven ~ Skype: liamproven
UK: (+44) 7939-087884 ~ Czech [+ WhatsApp/Telegram/Signal]: (+420) 702-829-053