VirtualBox Windows 10 64 bit question

Ralf Mardorf kde.lists at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 10 17:16:43 UTC 2021

On Wed, 10 Nov 2021 12:56:24 +0100, Liam Proven wrote:
>On Wed, 10 Nov 2021 at 10:33, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>>
>> The web provides "activated" installs by ISO files.
>
>This is true but they are pirate copies and are often infested with
>viruses and other malware such as cryptocurrency miner apps. I advise
>against them.

So called "cracked" versions are less frequently malicious than is
claimed by rumours. Supposedly "cracked" Windows 10 install media are
probably most of the times copies of original Windows 10 media, neither
cracked (activated) nor malicious. AIO pirate Windows media, providing
several "cracked" and "repaired" and full automatically installable
different Windows versions, does seemingly nobody produce for modern
Windows releases anymore. Nowadays "everybody" seems to use leaked
keys. That Microsoft revokes those leaked keys is obviously just spread
FUD.

However, if somebody owns a legally bought Windows install media, than
Windows support is a place to ask. Exact descriptions on how to
activate Windows without the right to do so, is not allowed.

It's not forbidden to do some Google searches ;).