Smart switch software for Linux/Ubuntu - is there anything available?

rikona rikona at sonic.net
Wed Mar 10 00:29:37 UTC 2021

On Tue, 09 Mar 2021 20:01:14 -0000
Grizzly via ubuntu-users <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com> wrote:

> 27 December 2020  at 10:05, Chris Green wrote:
> Smart switch software for Linux/Ubu (at least in part)
>
> Did you ecer get an answer?
>
> I too would like a better way than Android x86 (8.1 or 9.0) live
>
> >Are there any brands of smart switch (smart lights, smart sockets,
> >smart plugs, whatever) which offer simple Linux interfaces?  I don't
> >have a 'smart' phone

I've been using the Homeseer system for years. It's Zwave/[RF in its own
band - not wifi]. It actually runs in linux on a Pi. Has a simple but
not visually fancy interface you can run directly, and also has a very
easy and visually fancier interface that runs on android or ios, or a
browser. You can restrict to just your wifi, so no callhome, if you want
better security. Very reliable, in my experience...

It's linux, and you can access it at that level if you wish, and even
add to it. :-) Can also run from Windows. Lots of options, and lots of
Zwave stuff to choose from.

It's not free, though, if that's a requirement.