Wayfire/Wayland/network transparency (last one -- I promise!)

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Tue May 19 19:13:45 UTC 2020

On 2020-05-19 12:28, Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:

> While I'm
> hesitant to embrace Wayland just yet -- I *REALLY REALLY LIKE* network
> transparency, and don't believe Wayland cares about it at all -- it
> looks like Wayfire just might be the thing to push me over the edge.

Turns out that "there's an app for that!"

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mstoeckl/waypipe/

As part of someone's "Google Summer of Code," the author has whipped up
network transparency for Wayland, and it looks like it's rocking.  It's
still under active development, and I'm now gonna have to kick the tires
on this, 'cause I'm wicked curious.

-Ken