20.04 has a Unity remix

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Mon May 18 22:00:54 UTC 2020

I was just starting to look into doing this myself when it occurred to
me to Google.

It's out there.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2020/05/12/a-surprising-new-remix-of-ubuntu-2004-revives-the-unity-desktop/#6d2782ed275b

And the creator is 10. Wow.

I tried doing a netinstall, manually installing X.org, and then
installing ``ubuntu-unity-desktop``. Unfortunately that pulled in all
of GNOME 3 including Wayland. >:-( So I was wondering if I could edit
the dependencies of the metapackage to remove the GNOME dependency,
and add Nemo instead of Files, Xed instead of Gedit etc... but then I
discovered that Rudra B. Saraswat is already on the case.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk – gMail/gTalk/gHangouts: lproven at gmail.com