invalid signatures

Charlie Luna ircsurfer at gmail.com
Thu May 14 21:42:37 UTC 2020

Liam,

It's Charlie. Using my gmail account to see if I can respond in the
appropriate manner now.

Update: I've tried everything I could to get my Asus laptop to recognize,
and install from, my usb thumbdrive. Nothing worked.

Switched to a backup, albeit older, laptop, and I can install whatever I
want on it.

Now, the difference being this: the older laptop has a HDD only. So I'm
going to postulate that the m.2 SSD in my Asus laptop has an issue with
encryption signatures for whatever reason and the exact same drive is $30
and I'll get a new one without any OSes on it and then install Ubuntu or
another flavor.

So, at least now I know a little more. And I used the exact same thumbdrive
and didn't get an invalid signature at all and was taken straight into the
installation process.

Weird, dude. I wish I knew more but looks like I'm getting me a new SSD now.

Now I just wonder how to force my Asus to load from the HDD only instead of
the SSD because I can live with until I get a new m.2 SSD.

May the Force be with you always.

Charlie Luna