HELP!

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Wed May 13 22:43:58 UTC 2020

On Wed, 13 May 2020 at 19:48, n01ze via ubuntu-users
<ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Oh, just thought of something. I was already using KDE Neon and I was trying to install Kali Linux on my second hard drive and that's when the invalid signature issue started. Ans after that, the only thing that would install was Windows 10. bummer, right? Now I've downloaded ubuntu desktop and using unetbootin for windows, I burned the ISO to my USB thumbrdrive, went through the BIOS to select the boot order to install from said thumbdrive and I still get an invalid signature. I used Microsoft Edge the first time and then Firefox.

Hmmm. This is reminiscent of Doug Pollard's recent problems.

The only thing I can think of where a failed boot/install could affect
future ones is on UEFI machines where something is wrong with the EFI
System Partition.
Sadly this is _very_ hard to troubleshoot, and doing it remotely,
sight unseen, is beyond me.

> Here's some specs on my laptop for you while I go through the other steps you mentioned:
>
> laptop: Asus Vivobook F510U.
> bios version: 310
> GOP version: 9.0.1066
> EC Version: F0KL2701.005
>
> CPU: Intel i5-8250U @ 1.6 Ghz.

Nice machine, by the looks.

According to Acer's website, there are 2 variants.

If it is an F510UAR there is v3.11 firmware. If it's an F510UA then
3.10 is the latest.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk – gMail/gTalk/gHangouts: lproven at gmail.com