libnotify4 on focal requires gnome-shell?

Justin Lloyd justinl at arena.net
Fri Jun 26 21:43:04 UTC 2020

Ah interesting. A quick test seems to indicate that notification-daemon is a viable package that only installs about 47 packages, mostly libraries, and that seems to make collectd installation happy, so this really simplifies matters. Thanks for the followup, that helps a lot!

# apt-get -s install collectd | grep Inst | wc -l
530
# apt-get -s install notification-daemon  | grep Inst | wc -l
47
# apt-get -s install collectd notification-daemon  | grep Inst | wc -l
120

Best,
Justin