tar backup ignore files

Sheemon Lists sheemon.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 18:12:51 UTC 2020

I would backup lost+found;  If it is empty, it costs nothing.  If it is not
empty, it may be some
forgotten file that was lost in a crash sometime ago.  Having it saved my
hide more than once.
.
/dev:  I did have an opportunity to count my blessings for backing up
/dev.  Yes, there is little
there [aside from mirror backup of filesystems - another subject], but if a
crash is bad enough,
/dev will contain the actual map of your devices at the time of the crash.
MAKEDEV, which used to be the first object "put" in /dev contains what some
programmers meant
to be in /dev, not what should be there, definitely not what was there.
But I am just an old paranoid, who knows very little.

Simon