Gnome shell extensions

REUBY Dianne d.reuby at ntlworld.com
Mon Jun 8 09:24:41 UTC 2020

Recently bought a new laptop with Ubuntu 18.04 pre-installed with Gnome, first time back with Gnome since Unity was released.

Gnome extensions page has error message "Although GNOME Shell integration extension is running, native host connector is not detected. Refer documentation for instructions about installing connector."

Terminal command tells me I have the latest host connector installed.

I've researched this for a few weeks, but can't find where I'm going wrong! And I have installed a couple of extensions already, plus I have the pre-installed ones that are included in 18.04 so I'm even more confused than normal.

TIA for any help.

Dianne