Password apparently changed by system update

Bret Busby bret.busby at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 20:05:25 UTC 2020

Hello.

On my other computer, I have UbuntuMATE 19.04 installed.

In the last few hours, a system update was shown as being available,
including something to do with giving some users extra superuser
privileges.

I do not know whether it was that component that was responsible, but,
after locking the screen when going away from the computer for a
while, when I tried to log in, I have found that the password has been
changed.

Is this an intended effect of the system update, and, how do I get
around the operating system having changed the login password on me?

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."