[update] How can I transfer photos from my IPhone to my desktop computer?

Peter Flynn peter at silmaril.ie
Thu Sep 26 15:39:41 UTC 2019

On 26/09/2019 13:14, Ralf Mardorf via ubuntu-users wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just a heads up, now a workaround via USB stick or USB drive might be a
> good solution.

Is there a decent sftp client for IOS? (I use AndFTP for Android)

If you don't mind deferring transfers until you are at home and both
systems are connected to the same network, you should be able to set the
sftp client as an app you can share pictures with, and configure it to
upload to the desktop.

So I pick a picture, click Share, click AndFTP, and click the icon for
my saved Desktop connection. The file goes straight to whatever folder
you have set to receive from the client (eg /tmp, or maybe ~/Pictures,
or somewhere).

It takes 2 min to configure but after that, it's a no-brainer.

Peter