Clipboard changes?

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 22:54:56 UTC 2019

On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 3:25 PM MR ZenWiz <mrzenwiz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Since this happens whether the native host is Xubuntu or Windows, I
> strongly suspect it's broken in VB.

Before you suggested you're having similar issues with different Host OSs I
was going to suggest it might be caused by a HWE kernel update to your
Bionic 18.04 LTS. But it sounds like that doesn't explain it.

I've had a few problems on random VMs getting the guest
additions installed, but at the moment I'm not having any persistent
clipboard issues with the VirtualBox 6.06 package install in Ubuntu 19.04.
Only the Chrome / Chromium issue I mentioned before.

Another thing you might try is opening the VirtualBox Manager window,
pointing to a running VM, and choosing Machine --> Show Log...

I just tried that and saw the clipboard events in the VirtualBox log. If
you do (or don't) see them, maybe the details on your system will offer a
clue about what's happening.