Two problems with UbuntuMATE 19-10 - mouseover and shotwell

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 18:20:04 UTC 2019

Hey there,

Bret Busby wrote:

>On both of my UbuntuMATE 19.10 installations, the mouseover does not
>work. On previous version numbers, a mouseover would cause to be
>displayed, a description of the item, and. now, especially with new
>and unknown icons in the panel, I can not find what are they.

This is a quick fix in dconf Editor (in the event that you've never
used it before, be careful playing around in this program because
it's powerful, but I highly recommend exploring it and seeing if
there are settings you'd like to change). I can't remember if it's
installed by default or not, but if not, it's in the package manager.

Without further ado, this should solve it:

1) Open dconf Editor from your menu or type this command in a
terminal window to open it:

	dconf-editor

2) Browse to this setting and make sure there's a check in the "Value"
column:
	org --> mate --> panel --> general --> tooltips-enabled

3) Click the "Set to Default" button to save the change.

4) Close the program.

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.