Problems with Mate

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Mon Oct 14 08:55:06 UTC 2019

On Sun, 13 Oct 2019 22:52:49 -0400, Bill wrote:
>This is actually even more troubling than the partition
>problem because Firefox does not even display what is in "trash" and
>there seems no way to open trash to recover a file I accidentally
>deleted.

Trash by Mate originally is handled by gvfs, something I never ever
would install. However, you could access trash using firefox even
without using gvfs, by using the real path instead of using some virtual
crap.

$ firefox ~/.local/share/Trash/
$ caja ~/.local/share/Trash/
$ ls -hAl ~/.local/share/Trash/
total 8.0K
drwxr-xr-x 2 rocketmouse rocketmouse 4.0K Jun  9  2015 files
drwxr-xr-x 2 rocketmouse rocketmouse 4.0K Jun  9  2015 info